Monday, January 8, 2018

Crazy Quilted Swan Tote Bag

This crazy quilted tote bag is my first finish of the year!

I am so excited to have it finished. This weekend, it will be raffled off at a Dessert Theater by my son's drama team to help raise funds for their annual trip to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland.

It is not perfect, but it is original! Of course, there is also a matching tissue cover case.

This project became a UFO (unfinished object) back in December of 2015. As a relative novice, I accidentally sewed the handles on wrong. Of course, I did not notice until it was turned right side out and the lining had been sewn shut.

After debating with myself, I opted to replace the blue straps with white webbing. (On the bags I have made for myself, I found the webbing has held up much better over time.)

Here is a close up of the pocket. You may see the post shared when the block was embellished here. And the post where I shared my oops with the straps is here.

If you follow my blog regularly, you may recall this was #12 on my 2018 American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge. 

One project is drawn each month and #12 was selected for January. You may find more about the challenge here

My UFO list posted with photos may be found here.

Thank you so much for visiting! I hope you all have a wonderful week.
-Renee







8 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Yay for you! A finish and so early in the month too!! Love the wee sheepies on the hill.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Wow awesome finish!

Queeniepatch said...

I hope this fun bag will be sold for a lot of money for the trip!

Katie said...

Wohoo it feels so good to mark done on a goal doesn't it? Great job. I love your finished bag. Hope the person who receives it appreciates it like it deserves.

Justine said...

That's a beautiful bag, I hope you raise lots of money with it.

Sandra said...

Very cute

Createology said...

Your Swan tote is lovely and it should bring a good $ total to the fund raiser. Your finish is Fantastic! <3

Susan said...

And one UFO bites the dust! That is a great looking bag. Another person will be so happy to win this!